[Pkg] Squeak3.11 Contributions: MethodAuthorship-mtf.19.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Feb 9 12:20:37 UTC 2009

Hi Matthew,

> + ----- Method: FileDirectory>>relativeReadOnlyFileNamed: (in
> category '*methodauthorship') -----
> + relativeReadOnlyFileNamed: aFileName
> +
> + 	| path |
> + 	(self pathName beginsWith: FileDirectory default pathName)
> + 		ifFalse: [^ self readOnlyFileNamed: aFileName].
> + 	path := (self fullPathFor: aFileName) allButFirst: (FileDirectory
> default pathName size + 1).
> + 	^ FileStream concreteStream new open: path forWrite: false!

may I ask what's the purpose of this file logic mangling? It assumes
that "FileDirectory default" is the same as the VM's idea of a current
working directory, if I understand correctly. This may work on some
platforms, but not in general. FilePlugin's primitiveFileOpen expects
an absolute path.

- Bert -