[Pkg] The Trunk: Collections-ul.313.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Feb 23 15:50:04 UTC 2010

Levente Uzonyi uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-ul.313.mcz

Name: Collections-ul.313
Author: ul
Time: 23 February 2010, 4:49:31.952 pm
UUID: 4f43900b-93d5-7144-a11a-84da97796c6e
Ancestors: Collections-ul.312

Finalization enhancement (part 2)
- cleanup

=============== Diff against Collections-ul.312 ===============

Item was changed:
  Collection subclass: #WeakRegistry
+ 	instanceVariableNames: 'valueDictionary accessLock'
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'valueDictionary accessLock objectsToFinalize'
  	classVariableNames: 'Default'
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'Collections-Weak'!

  !WeakRegistry commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  I am a registry for objects needing finalization. When an object is added the object as well as its executor is stored. When the object is garbage collected, the executor can take the appropriate action for any resources associated with the object.

  See also:
  	Object executor
  	Object actAsExecutor
  	Object finalize
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: WeakRegistry>>postCopy (in category 'copying') -----
  postCopy

  	self protected: [ "Uses the original accessLock"
  		accessLock := Semaphore forMutualExclusion.
  		valueDictionary := valueDictionary copy.
- 		objectsToFinalize := objectsToFinalize copy.
  		self installFinalizer ]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: WeakRegistry>>finalizeValues (in category 'finalization') -----
  finalizeValues
  	"Some of our elements may have gone away. Look for those and activate the associated executors."

+ 	self protected: [ valueDictionary finalizeValues ]!
- 	| finiObjects |
- 	self protected: [
- 		valueDictionary finalizeValues.
- 		finiObjects := objectsToFinalize.
- 		objectsToFinalize := nil ].
- 	finiObjects ifNil: [ ^self ].
- 	finiObjects do: #finalize!

Item was changed:
+ (PackageInfo named: 'Collections') postscript: ''!
- (PackageInfo named: 'Collections') postscript: 'WeakRegistry allInstancesDo: #installFinalizer.
- Smalltalk garbageCollect.
- WeakRegistry allInstancesDo: #finalizeValues'!