[Pkg] The Trunk: System-ar.327.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat May 8 03:52:09 UTC 2010

Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-ar.327.mcz

Name: System-ar.327
Author: ar
Time: 7 May 2010, 8:51:13.638 pm
UUID: 74fb4576-a776-9540-ad4d-7fcfa69d3648
Ancestors: System-dtl.326, System-lh.320

Merging System-lh.320

Inform the user if the update failed because the remote server config could not be read correctly.

We use this at university (where we have our own update site), so the students are not greeted with a debugger if our squeaksource server is unreachable.

=============== Diff against System-dtl.326 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Utilities class>>updateFromServer (in category 'fetching updates') -----
  updateFromServer
  	"Update the image by loading all pending updates from the server."
  	| config |
  	"Flush all caches. If a previous download failed this is often helpful"
  	MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches.
  	config := MCMcmUpdater updateFromDefaultRepository.
+ 	config ifNil: [^self inform: 'Unable to retrieve updates from remote repository.' translated].
  	self setSystemVersionFromConfig: config.
+ 	self inform: ('Update completed.
+ Current update number: ' translated, SystemVersion current highestUpdate).!
- 	self inform: 'Update completed.
- Current update number: ', SystemVersion current highestUpdate.!