[Release] Mantis automation

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 15:10:04 UTC 2008

Hi Ken, Matthew, Igor,

I am looking at automating more of our use of mantis. I think it would
be nice if we could run code like that below: (assuming that no changes
have been made to mantis so far)

=========
Installer mantis select: [ :ea | ea isStatusConfirmed ] thenDo: [ :ea |
ea ensureFix ].

self isUnstable ifTrue:

[ Installer mantis select: [ :ea | ea isStatusAcknowledged ] thenDo: [
:ea | ea ensureFix ] ].

(the actual code will be more complex, because we will want to pay
attention to dependencies)
=========

What I would like to see is the summary view colours indicating exactly
what will happen to the fix.

Colours/Levels desired are:

1 A fix script is available (assigned / fix-script-available)
2 fix is included in the unstable build (acknowledged / unstable)
3 fix is included in the stable build (confirmed / stable)
4 fix is in a release (resolved)

One problem with this idea is that if you want to request  discussion on
a fix then moving it to "feedback" will pull it out of the build,
(perhaps that is not a bad thing)

Item 1, on the list didn't seem to be important enough to require a
colour of its own. Furthermore I felt it would be good to have some way
for the writer of the fix to indicate his level of confidence in the fix.

i.e. "I think this should go in to the stable build", I thought that we
could use the resolved field for this. i.e "open" "fix available" "fix
needs testing" "fix is good to go" "fix is deployed" i.e. "fixed".

Another possibility, which is perhaps easier to use is to have "special
users"

Assign to user "Rel-inbox"   - fix available
Assign to user  "Rel-testing" - fix is suitable for the unstable build
Assign to user  "Rel-outbox" - fix should be in the stable build.

hopefully that's a bit clearer

so given that the special users idea gives me the extra features that I
want, shall we go with this.
However it might be useful to put a explanation on the front page.

thanks

Keith