[Release] 3.11 liaison change

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:25:42 UTC 2009

Some words about Mantis.

Keith, Klaus, you are right that Maintis is useful tool for
1. identifying problem (by placing a ticket)
2. provide a possible fix (and discuss it in comments, whether the
provided solution good or bad)
3. finally mark it as fixed or reject it, or forgot about it and let
it rot there for years.

but i see a little gap here between usual Squeak user & those who
contribute to Mantis.

There is no sense of continuous process/progress, because we don't
have some form of digests, which could in compressed form,
simply & straighly announce about latest fixes which has been approved
& going into the image.

That's why i think, for anyone who not using/reading/watching Mantis
on a regular basis, its seems like nothing happens and we're stalling.
Its just goes from a common sense: how much time a developer should
spend in order to stay in touch with Squeak?
Should he go to the bug tracker each time and open each issue and read
each comment to see if there any progress?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.