[Release] Philosophical Discussion - The updates button is useless - discuss

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:26:40 UTC 2009

2009/7/8 Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com>:
> The 'load updates' button is far from useless.  The function of the
> 'load updates' button is to take an image that is reasonably current and
> synchronize it so it is up to the up to date with the in development
> state so that we are all working in the same playing field.

Except that it could have different sense for core developers vs
endusers(stable image users).
Core devs, obviously, would want to load a most up to date & bleeding
edge stuff,
while stable image users may want to update packages , which already
well tested & error proof.

Which gives us just another reason to think how we could use Keith's
framework in this regard :)

> Ken
>
> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 14:19 +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
>> Starter for 10,
>>
>> pros and cons?
>>
>> Keith

Best regards,