[Release] Integrating an Installer wiki pages with squeak.org hosting

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 01:48:54 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Keith, Ken, Matthew and Janko,
>
> i'd like to ask, if there are easy & fast solution to move installer
> scripts under our domain/hosting, to be not dependent from pbwiki.
> Janko, what you think how it could be easy/hard to enable Aida to support it?
> Ken, is there a technical possibility for doing this?
>
> If there is no big barriers, i'd like to put it to board discussion,
> and make a decision about it. I think it would be good to have
> everything under our control, since Installer is a core part of 3.11
> release.
>
> Of course, if it is still relevant.

Its not that relevant any more, since pbwiki forced the issue and broke
everything in the process.

We migrated to a method where same information is managed in the package
Installer-Scripts.

Of course web hosted scripts are still supported by Installer for those
that want to use them, but I have lost my enthusiasm for them myself.

Keith