[Seaside-dev] Seaside2.8a1-rjl.495

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:43:20 UTC 2007

2007/10/2, Ramon Leon <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>:
> > This looks good to me there are however two buts. The first
> > is WADocumentHandler >> #response and WAResponse class >>
> > #document:mimeType: should IMHO be changed to use
> > #cacheForever.
>
> Good catch, didn't see those, I'll search for duplication next time.
>
> > The second is whether this is not too late for
> > 2.8 now that we are under code freed and should wait for 2.9.
> > Any opinions?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe
>
> Guess it doesn't matter as long as it isn't forgotten, since I don't see a
> 2.9 branch yet.  I also wasn't aware of the code freeze, when is 2.9
> starting?

The code freeze happened when we announced the beta at ESUG. It is
part of making Seaside more "serious" and having releases more on less
the same time on all platforms. We're not super drastic on this but
somewhere we need to draw the line.

2.9 will start when we have something that doesn't fit into 2.8
anymore or 2.8 ships whichever happens first :) If no more problems
appear I think a month from now is not unrealistic. A fix for 6497
would certainly help to cement this. 2.9 will be split into several
modules. To reduce the mess in the repository we plan to make one
repository for 2.9 alone. Ideally we can figure out a good package
naming convention before the first commit. This would mean we get it
right the first time which I somehow doubt.