[Seaside-dev] WAAnchorTag >> #extraParameters:

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:22:46 UTC 2007

> While tracking down a bug in WAAnchorTag >> #extraPath: I stumbeled
> upon extraParameters:. The problem I have with this method is that the
> suggested argument type (aCollection) doesn't match the expected
> argument type (a String). I would like to keep the semantics and
> change the suggested type. Does anybody have a problem with this?

I don't have a problem with this, just to explain the situation ...

WAAnchorTag used a string to represent its URL for a long time. Over
the past years this led to a duplication of many URL related methods
in WAAnchorTag. In Seaside 2.8 we changed WAAnchorTag to use WAUrl and
re-factored the methods to delegate to WAUrl.

Now obviously in this delegation process there is a (or maybe more)
bug(s). I suggest to deprecate these delegation methods and directly
use the url object of the anchor. This is more powerful and imposes
less indirections.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch