[Seaside-dev] Seaside 2.8 release planning

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:21:30 UTC 2007

2007/10/15, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> > http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6527
> > I don't consider this critical. It affects only the url which is first
> > displayed when a new session is created. #initialRequest and
> > #updateUrl: still work and any following "page" will have the
> > paramters.
>
> The problem is that the #initalRequest: thing only happens afterwards
> and therefor all this data gets lost. This is a reason why Session
> cookies and Pier do not work together. A pity it is that hard to fix

Can you have a look at Seaside2.8a1-pmm.504? It's hackish but at least
the WABrowserExample works for me.

> >  * contact Damien for upgrade on Universes. This probably will be
> > bigger because it means that Seaside 2.8 moves from web development
> > beta and the other packages will have to be updated as well
>
> I am the one in charge of the Universes now. Updating is a matter of
> running the scripts. There is no "web development beta" anymore, I
> removed all the packages Damien added there.

Good to hear.

> >  * update Seaside Installer on SqueakMap
>
> That's also a matter of running another script.

You don't need to go the the web interface to mark it as released for
3.7 to 3.9 set the license, the maturity and all the other stuff? An
other question, do we want to have the hacked Kom of netstyle.ch again
in the SqueakMap release and the standard, more broken one in
Universes?