[Seaside-dev] WAContext Refactoring

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Tue Apr 1 22:23:43 UTC 2008

>>> ... because the session is placed in the process local *before*
>>> invoking the continuation (I'm not sure whether WAProcessVariable's
>>> #ensure: block will run though, if the continuation hijacks the
>>> control flow, but that would be the same in Squeak too).  Got it,
>>> thanks Dale.
>>>
>> Good point. I'll put together a few more tests to probe this area as
>> well...
>>
> After a little testing ... the ensure block is on the stack from the
> original continuation, so it's not really an issue ...

I've written some additional tests (see Seaside-Tests-dkh.102) where I
poke and prod around the edges and found a potential problem.
WACurrentContext>>testUnbalancedContextContinuations fails with an error.

I'm just not sure whether the situation exposed in the test will ever
occur in the wild...as long as the WAContext nesting is balanced (i.e.,
the nesting depth in the continuation matches the nesting depth in the
'parent' process) things work correctly....