[Seaside-dev] Issue 26 in seaside: MimeDocument should be part of Seaside

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Apr 15 07:04:14 UTC 2008

Issue 26: MimeDocument should be part of Seaside

Comment #5 by bonz... at gnu.org:
So I should "refactor" my comment.

The code I had pasted in Mantis comes from the GNU Smalltalk
portability layer.  It
is designed to implement the same interface as Squeak's MimeDocument
or, more
precisely, the subset that Seaside needs for the mimeDocumentClass.

I'm okay with refactoring Seaside so as to require a different
interface, but that
would require all the portability layers to follow (and, in the case of
Squeak, this
also might mean introducing a Seaside-specific MimeDocument class
instead of just
using the system's).  Therefore, I think it would be best to include my
code first,
because this does not require any work on the dialect maintainer's part
-- it would
just act as a default mimeDocumentClass for dialects that don't have
one in the
system, and would be unused on dialects that (like Squeak) provide a mimeDocumentClass.

Then, you can decide whether we want to keep dialect-specific classes
at all and,
based on the decision, improve the interface of WAMimeDocument and/or implement
features that are missing but were present in the dialect-specific classes.