[Seaside-dev] about issue 103

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 12:00:17 UTC 2008

No, no, nothing obviously wrong with the approach, I think. I
generally like the request context approach. I was just curious what
the grand vision behind it was and I guess I was trying to see how
this was better than walking up the #parent chain (or if you were
intending to get rid of #parent).

I'd also love to know the rendering context stack somehow... I'm still
pondering this refactoring to allow simple stateless component-like
objects and it would be nice if they could create callbacks that ran
within the scope of their containing component. At the moment, the
best I can do is set the callback owner to nil, which works but
bypasses any decorations that might be enclosing them (and yes I know,
that's another pending discussion :) ).

Julian