[Seaside-dev] about issue 103

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 01:22:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed this in 2.9 that the owner can be left nil, because there
> was the requirement to render callbacks in #updateRoot: and also for
> AJAX callbacks this sort of avoids many troubles.

Though it also introduces troubles like AJAX callbacks not being
subject to authentication or transactional decorations and so on. I
think I haven't done enough with the AJAX stuff to fully understand
the issues that require a nil owner but you can fill me in later.

> Unfortunately my time is quite limited at the moment, I will be able
> to chime in at full speed during ESUG and the Seaside sprint ;-)

Yeah, fair enough. For now, my painter code is working but it would be
nice to have them use its closest enclosing callback scope... need to
ponder how it could achieve that.