[Seaside-dev] Javascript-Core-lr.22

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:35:20 UTC 2008

Actually the JSON parser is not really used at the moment, it is more
of an experiment to make the event handling simpler. The idea would be
to enable the possiblity to pass back objects to the server.

> Is it clever to add the dependency to SmaCC? This means that every
> production image has to have a compatible version of SmaCC loaded
> which also has to be ported. I mean we talk about people who would
> never, ever load an XML parser into their image. And writing a JSON
> parser is not exactly hard.

Yeah. Writing a JSON parser is simple, if you consider the
incompatible streaming methods easy to handle (#upTo:, #upToAll:,
#match:).

AFAIK the SmaCC-Runtime (and this is the only dependency) is portable
across all current Seaside platforms (Pharo, VisualWorks, GemStone,
VisualAge, GST).

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch