[Seaside-dev] Issue 259 in seaside: Request modification to WAPlatformTest>>#testIsResumable

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Dec 17 18:32:56 UTC 2008

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Portability Priority-Low Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 259 by WeybridgeWay: Request modification to
WAPlatformTest>>#testIsResumable

I'm porting Seaside 2.9 to GemStone and would like to keep the non-dialect
code unchanged for
our use if possible. It turns out that for historical reasons, sending #new
to Exception does not
give an instance of a class that understands #isResumable. So, instead of
creating an exception
by sending #new, I'd like the test to actually trigger an exception and use
the resulting object to
test for the message being understood.

I've tested the following code in GemStone and Squeak and it behaves as
expected. I'd be happy
to take ownership and check in the fix, if someone would give me write
permission to the
repository.

James Foster
GemStone Systems, Inc.

WAPlatformTest>>#testIsResumable
	"Make sure the platform class provides #isResumable on Exception."

	| exception |
	[
		Exception raiseSignal.
	] on: Exception do: [:ex |
		exception := ex.
		ex return.
	].
	self shouldnt: [ exception isResumable ] raise: MessageNotUnderstood.