[Seaside-dev] Issue 164 in seaside: remove #testGarbageCollect?

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Dec 17 22:58:33 UTC 2008

Comment #6 on issue 164 by WeybridgeWay: remove #testGarbageCollect?

It seems that there are two issues. First, should SeasidePlatformSupport
implement #garbageCollect? Second,
should we have a test that the method is implemented? Accepting for the
sake of argument that we need the
method, I don't see that that necessarily requires the test. Specifically,
if the only senders are from tests, then I
don't see a need to have an additional test (one failure and one error). If
one test errors, then we will know to add
the method. Could we agree that the only sender(s) are tests and thus the
additional test is redundant? Could we
remove the test and open a new issue on whether testing expiry requires a
GC?