[Seaside-dev] Issue 266 in seaside: remove uses of generic Error

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 30 19:40:33 UTC 2008

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-CleanUp Priority-Low Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 266 by jfitzell: remove uses of generic Error

We should be using more specific error subclasses. This means looking for
senders of #error: and
references to Error (many of these may be valid in #on:do: calls) in our
code.

At  very least, it would be good to signal a WAError so that errors in
Seaside code are
distinguishable from others. This could be largely addressed by
implementing #error: on WAObject
but it would still be better to have more specific errors. This also
implies that the few error classes
we *do* have should be subclasses of WAError.