[Seaside-dev] WABrush questionable namings

Gerhard Obermann obi068 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:27:02 UTC 2008

I know that its not possible to change that, because of incompatibility
problems to older versions.
But i would be nice to have an access to all such attributes without using
attributes at: aKey, because i cant guess the correct key inside a program.
Is it also not possible to define a category with accessing and updating
methods
which corresponds to the XHTML standard.

2008/2/25, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:

> These are mostly things that cannot be changed easily, because these
> names belong to the most used public API. While I agree that today
> some of these attribute-methods would maybe be named slightly
> different, you must see that Seaside is collaborative effort of more
> than 6 years with more than 30 contributors. It is impossible to have
> an absolutely consistent style, even if we try to keep it that way as
> much as possible.
>
> > aString = 'columns' ifTrue: [theString := 'cols'].
> >  aString = 'selected' ifTrue: [theString := 'checked'].
> > aString = 'maxLength' ifTrue: [theString := 'maxlength'].
> > aString = 'verticalAlign' ifTrue: [theString := 'valign'].
> >  aString = 'character' ifTrue: [theString := 'char'].
> > aString = 'characterOffset' ifTrue: [theString := 'charoff'].

 Sorry, its only copy and paste of my ugly code to circumvent all these
issues!
 It shows only a list of the differences.

I don't understand the above examples.