[Seaside-dev] Issue 91 in seaside: Don't store passwords as plain text

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jul 10 06:31:54 UTC 2008

Issue 91: Don't store passwords as plain text

Comment #7 by jfitzell:
See Seaside-Squeak-Core-jf.49 and Seaside-Core-jf.163

Do we record the protocol of the platform classes somewhere so porters
know what they
need to implement?

Also, how does everyone feel about empty passwords being allowed. The default
implementation allows them, which I think is ok, but if anyone feels
strongly it can
easily be changed.

I also considered using #passwordHash as the configuration key to be
more accurate
but thought I'd keep the first commit as simple as possible. I'll
happily change it
if others agree.