[Seaside-dev] Issue 98 in seaside: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Jul 13 17:15:05 UTC 2008

Issue 98: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

Comment #7 by jfitzell:
Ramon,

This is risky because the session might change in the middle of those processes
running. I'd argue that users assuming they can do this safely is
*exactly* why
session shouldn't be automatically available in forked processes.
Depending on what
you need from the session, it would be a lot safer to pass in the
current value of
whatever session data those processes need.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to make it work, but having to at
least look up
some documentation that tells you (a) how to do it and (b) what
precautions you need
to take seems like a good idea.