[Seaside-dev] rendering and redirecting methods on WASession

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:24:29 UTC 2008

2008/7/16 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> What is the intention with the rendering and redirecting categories on
> WASession? Was the desire to move them off and deprecate them?
>
> I ran up against this because several of those methods still call
> "self returnResponse:". I was going to change them to "self
> currentRequest returnResponse:" but then though perhaps something
> nicer was desired and/or it was desired that they trigger the
> deprecated API notice in WASession>>returnResponse:

AFAIK the categories were not made with the intention to move them
off, they just happen relly good categorizations. However all those
methods should be rethought IMHO. Do they really belong into WASession
(IMHO no). Which ones of these do we still need? Is there are better
way to address the problem they solve?

I created