[Seaside-dev] Issue 105 in seaside: Remove url generation methods from WASession

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jul 16 22:05:29 UTC 2008

Issue 105: Remove url generation methods from WASession

Comment #1 by jfitzell:
Mm... need to be a little careful here. The request/response layer has traditionally
known nothing about the session layer. I even wonder vaguely whether
it's worth
having a super class of WARequestContext and WACurrentRequestcontext
that don't have
#session and #application on them but as long as we get rid of the
#isKindOf: checks
so they don't actually depend on the classes, then they can still be
used without the
session stuff loaded.

Maybe the idea of using the lower layers by themselves is all just
theoretical now
but it still seems to be a good goal to keep the dependencies between
layers in one
direction.

Also #actionUrlForKey: and #newSessionUrl are supposed to get URLs
relative to the
session so I'm not certain if they do belong on the context (they don't logically
really have anything to do with the current request do they?)