[Seaside-dev] Seaside 2.9 Package Depenedencies

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 03:49:20 UTC 2008

I tried it out quickly (well not exactly quickly by the time I got it
sort of working) and there are about 2 dozen dependencies that I would
call "backwards" based on this hierarchy:

Core <- Session <- Component <- Rendering

which, as I mentioned, was the design goal as late as 2.4. Most of
them should be relatively easily corrected, though, by recategorizing
methods as extensions, removing #isKindOf: checks and so on. A few
might need an extra subclass added (stuff that refers to the Canvas
from lower levels, for example) or moving a class between packages but
I think it should be doable if there's interest.

This was based on the Session category becoming its own packages all
the Components* categories becoming a new package, and the Canvas and
RenderLoop categories becoming a third package.

Julian