[Seaside-dev] Seaside 2.9 Package Depenedencies

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 06:12:52 UTC 2008

2008/7/30 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Philippe Marschall
> <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The dependency of Seaside-Core on Seaside-Adapters-Core is
>> unfortunate.
>
> And it seems I just introduced that one... hmm. What's the reasoning
> for having Seaside-Adaptors-Core instead of Seaside-Core-Adaptors?

It's not part of Seaside-Core. It's the core the the Seaside-Adapters
framework which was supposed to optional. You can use it as a base for
your server adaptors but don't have too.

> mean WAUrlEncoder already depended on having a codec in general,

Only on the protocol. Any class implementing the protocol (4 methods) will do.

> it
> just didn't have an actual reference to the generic class. Being
> unable to print WAUrl when it can't get at a request context process
> variable is also unfortunate.

Yes but the request context is needed to get encoding right.