[Seaside-dev] about the server adapter changes

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 16:39:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If you change the server adapter interface:
> - send a mail to this describing the changes, this is important for
> Dale and John

Well, first of all, I only made the change 2 days ago and it is still
potentially in flux as I am still working on it. In particular, I was
waiting to sort out the Swazoo adaptor before posting anything
concrete about it. Second, it's not like they won't notice. The commit
messages were very clear and there's an RSS feed of them.

> - document it at http://www.seaside.st/documentation/migration/servers

Not a problem, but this also cannot be done until the changes have
stabilized and the Swazoo adaptor is sorted out.

> - Don't forget that we not only support Comanche but also Swazoo 2, so
> update this adapter as well

I know. And you know I know because you were the recipient of an email
to Janko discussing how to update the Swazoo adaptor, so I don't
understand why you would feel the need to "remind" me. Also, I don't
understand why it would be broken since it didn't subclass anything
that I changed and I didn't change the interface from the point of
view of the rest of the Seaside code. Did you even test it? It works
fine in my image.