[Seaside-dev] painter branch merge

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:02:27 UTC 2008

Just a heads up that I merged in a branch that I (mostly) and Lukas
were working on. The main goal was to add a WAPainter as a superclass
of WAPresenter but I also ended up making a bunch of other changes to
keep more functional dependencies within Core. We are experimenting
with pulling the code for walking the presenter tree hierarchy (which
is done several different ways in different contexts) out into
standalone classes. This seems to really clean up the Presenters. And
also very exciting, you can now create your own subclasses of
WAPresenter or WAPainter if you don't need all the functionality of
WAComponent. This may also help us down the road support more REST
stuff.

When you go to update, make sure you update the packages in dependency
order. Most important is that you update Core before Canvas and
Component.

If your tests don't pass when you're done loading, try recompiling all
the seaside code with:

WADevelopment recompileCode