[Seaside-dev] Issue 227 in seaside: #halt should always halt

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Nov 6 14:41:17 UTC 2008

Issue 227: #halt should always halt

Comment #17 by jfitzell:
If you can see the image to see the halt, I don't see why you can't say:

WAAdmin enableHaltsFor: 'foo/bar'

or something equivalent before putting your halt in. Or, if YOU always want
halts
enabled in your deployed image, just use an error handler that always
displays halts.
The whole point of the error handlers is that they are exchangeable.

I *am* beginning to find it annoying myself that the walkback error handler
displays
a walkback page for halts instead of just popping them up and I think we
should maybe
change that, but I *do* think that many, many (if not most) users do not
want halts
popping up in their deployed images when they're not watching them.

I don't understand why you feel that ALL error handlers need to have this
behaviour.