[Seaside-dev] Re: Altitude

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 14:25:13 UTC 2008

> Keep in mind we're not discussing getting rid of decorations
> altogether here; just moving the decoration functionality down to a
> subclass of component.
>
> Julian

In the wandering announcements package, I add an Announcer to every
component, I do this by swapping the value holder that normally holds
decorations, for one that also holds the announcer.

Using wandering announcements you can develop components that know
nothing of each other but can connect. A totalizer component can look up
the heirarchy to obtain information about the cart that it has been
placed in.

Basically in the same manner that I was complaining that WASession was
not extensible by default, the same holds true for WAComponent. If you
remove decorations from WAComponent then I think that makes the
extensibility situation worse.

cheers

Keith