[Seaside-dev] XML Markups and Canvases

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Fri Nov 7 23:33:41 UTC 2008

Hi Lukas,

thanks for the answer. I can do a switch similar to #scriptaculous and #jQuery, but both
return only a special object, no explicit canvas. Dont know if this is a problem, but would expect
a new canvas somewhere in the canvas hierarchy (or with a similar interface).
Will I have to mock the brush support to nest tags (see [1]) and if so how to do it correctly?

I still have a problem (with MathML as example, but havent looked to deep since it is late):

  "html math row"   would return an own subclass of render canvas, but close the
                            math tag, so the mrow is not embedded, see render method in example [1]

  "html math: [ aBlockContents ]" would only work when I hand over the new
                                                 canvas as argument to the block

Questions left a) which one is better b) can the tricky part somehow be well predesigned
within the framework (preserving brush support etc.) so one can just hook an own canvas class
with own tags and implement a simple dispatcher method on RenderCanvas?

>The problem is that Smalltalk has no decent support for DTD and Schema parsing.

Doesnt have to be in Smalltalk itself, only the output. However, it looks like there is none (yet).

>Furthermore (at least this is what we do for the HTML canvas) we want intention revealing names,
>not cryptic names from the actual definition

Thats correct - but as I said, it's only for generating an initial ST implementation from a spec (so the structure is correct and no tag is forgotten). Renaming using RB should be easy after this initial generation step...

Thx
Torsten

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/DeveloperWorkspace/MathML-Test-tbn.2.mcz
--
GMX Download-Spiele: Preizsturz! Alle Puzzle-Spiele Deluxe über 60% billiger.
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/download/puzzle/index.html