[Seaside-dev] When is Symbol>>#= not Symbol>>#==?

John O'Keefe wembley.instantiations at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:49:36 UTC 2008

I guess the question is 'What do consumers of the JSON parser expect when
parsing names?'  I really don't know enough about JSON to argue one way or
the other on which is correct, but if consumers expect Symbols, then
returning Strings will break some code elsewhere.

I will need to retract the fix for Issue 240 to match the new behavior.  But
I guess a new fix for 240 is needed to ensure the JSON parser is really
returning Strings everywhere.

John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.