[Seaside-dev] protocol for working on Seaside issues

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:21:02 UTC 2008

Hi list

There seems to be some confusion about what the protocol for working
on Seaside issues is.

Here's what happened
- John created an issue http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=133
- He assigned it to himself and though that would tell everybody that
he works on it.
- I saw the issue and fixed it while John was working on it at the same time.

My excuses to John for stealing the issue. I think he followed the
correct protocol and I didn't. To explain myself a bit more:
I the past I acted the same way on several assigned bugs and that
never caused a conflict. At not time to my knowldge was somebody else
working on one. I think mainly because if you create an issue, you'll
automatically be owner.

To avoid such conflicts in future I propose that we set the issue to
started if we started to work on it or we plan to fix it shortly.