[Seaside-dev] Issue 136 in seaside: Unit tests for WATask behaviour

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Sep 10 06:47:44 UTC 2008

Issue 136: Unit tests for WATask behaviour

New issue report by jfitzell:
It would be nice to have unit tests for WATask's behaviour.

I started trying to write some at the end of the Asterdam sprint with a
mocked component and render loop but didn't get very far so thought I'd
post an issue in case someone else wants to tackle it.

The four cases I thought of were:

+ a WATask as the root component
+ a WATask called from a callback (self call: MyTask new)
+ an embedded WATask in a component that is created in the component's
#initialize method
+ an embedded WATask in a component that is created lazily during a callback

For a start, we would want to test (I think) that the task is always run
only during the action phase prior to being rendered. Hopefully the rest
will become clear as the tests are being written.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: jfitzell
	Labels: Type-Task Priority-Low