[Seaside-dev] updated package dependencies

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:14:01 UTC 2008

Hi

This mail is mostly for Dale and John.

First the good news. We (actually only Lukas and Julian) have improved
our dependency tracking tool. We're more sure that we got rid of the
cycles and that loading works and produces something working. There is
still a small issue with WAFileHandler left.

Now the bad news. The package structure got changed. There are more
packages, mostly due to the split up. Also Seaside-Utils has been
transformed into Seaside-Platform. We're sorry for all the
inconvenience this is causing but we hope it will pay off in the long
run.

You can find the load order and dependency graph at:
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/LoadOrder

Updated package descriptions should follow shortly.

The server adapter interface also changed slightly again. I'll address
that in a future mail.