[Seaside-dev] Issue 160 in seaside: halts not caught by error handlers

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Sep 17 16:48:21 UTC 2008

Issue 160: halts not caught by error handlers

Comment #5 by jfitzell:
Very true... the other option would be to actually call a method on the
handler with
a block and let it set up the exception handling.

Something like:

self withEscapeHandler: [
     self errorHandler inContextDo: [
         self performRequest: aRequestContext request ] ] ]

I like the idea of returning an ExceptionSet (and might even implement the
default
error handlers #inContextDo: to call another method to get the
ExceptionSet) but I'm
not quite sure how the error handler then easily adds different behaviour
for
different kinds of errors... would we add a double dispatch on the error
hierarchy?
or use #isKindOf? Both seem a little ugly and providing #inContextDo:
(would like a
better name) would avoid the need since the error handler could add one or
multiple
handlers as it desires.

Of course, if there's an obvious solution that avoids multiple nested
#on:do: calls,
I'd love that too.