[Seaside-dev] expiry policies

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:13:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> WAExpiringHandler >> #handleRequest:
>
> self isActive ifFalse: [ ^ self policy expiredResponseForContext:
> aRequestContext ].
>

> Why do we have that in the policy which might or might not be a
> WAExpiredExpiryHandler? Why not in the response factory?

Well, I thought that the policy might want to give a more detailed
error message about why it had expired and so on. But perhaps that is
misguided... I don't feel strongly about it and could certainly put it
back to "self responseFactory pageExpiredFor: aRequestContext".

> How can a policy take and specify configuration values?

Not sure... that remains to be seen. :)

Each policy could provide a SystemConfiguration with appropriate
configuration options I suppose. The expiring handler would, I guess
have to get a policyConfiguration instance variable to hold a
UserConfiguration and could pass that to the policy object. Or
something to that effect?