[Seaside-dev] expiry policies

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Thu Sep 18 23:54:12 UTC 2008

> I haven't seen the code, but as a use case, I'd like
> to be able to say:
>
>    self session expireInNoLessThanSeconds: (86400 * 7).
>
> to make a particular session have a long expiry, if it
> contains a callback URL
> to validate a user or something.  I don't think there's an easy way
> to decide expiry on a per-session basis.
>
> --
> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. -

You can do that now fairly easily...

self session timeoutSeconds: (86400 * 7).

I haven't seen 2.9, but that works in 2.8, I change my session timeout
dynamically when I detect an ajax request to kick up the timeout because
that tells me it's a real user and not a spider.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com