[Seaside-dev] Issue 17 in seaside: Halos leak memory on Squeak

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Sep 21 17:32:57 UTC 2008

Issue 17: Halos leak memory on Squeak

Comment #4 by renggli:
What is called simply "the context" here is what we later refereed to
as "request context". The request context
has an announcement-like infrastructure to get notified about certain
events. Currently only #onResponse: is
used, but you get the idea from there.

I wanted to introduce further events, such as #onRenderComponent:, to be
able to decouple the different
concerns. In the example of the Halos, the tool decoration would simply
register for the event when halos are
turned on. I believe that this makes many things simpler:

- the render tree doesn't need to be magically changed in
#renderWithContext: (Issue 17)
- we have more control over the place where the halo is rendered (Issue 22)
- the dependency to WAHalo in #renderWithContext: goes away (Issue 28)