[Seaside-dev] Initialize /seaside/config with random password?

Yann Monclair yann.monclair at smalltalk.fr
Mon Sep 22 19:56:29 UTC 2008

I added a lot of logic on SeasidePlatformSupport in Seaside, to handle all
the development vs. production config differences.
Obviously a lot of this is specific to our application, but it would make
sense (in my mind) to have our subclass of WAAdmin, rather than an extension
of SeasidePlatformSupport (we still run Seaside 2.6 at the moment).

What would be interesting to know is what differentiates development mode
from production mode ? And how would one specify "switch to production"
actions ? I'm thinking of things like: don't register the "file libraries"
but let apache (or another web server) serve them for you, etc...

Cheers,

Yann