[Seaside-dev] Initialize /seaside/config with random password?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Mon Sep 22 20:44:53 UTC 2008

Yann Monclair wrote:

>I added a lot of logic on SeasidePlatformSupport in Seaside, to handle
>all the development vs. production config differences.
>Obviously a lot of this is specific to our application, but it would
>make sense (in my mind) to have our subclass of WAAdmin, rather than an
>extension of SeasidePlatformSupport (we still run Seaside 2.6 at the
>moment).
>
>What would be interesting to know is what differentiates development
>mode from production mode ? And how would one specify "switch to
>production" actions ? I'm thinking of things like: don't register the
>"file libraries" but let apache (or another web server) serve them for
>you, etc...
>
>Cheers,
>
>Yann

Hmmm, perhaps all of the configs have a 'production mode' value - so you
can specify up to two values for all config options, with the
'production mode' value optional...those configurations with obvious
production/development differences will start with two options
(errorhandler is the most obvious) ...

Leads one to think in terms of multiple sets for the general case, but
not sure that the generality of multiple sets is needed...