[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-YM.246

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:23:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> thisContext does not work in GemStone, has to go to Seaside-Squeak-Platform

Seems a bit weird having #deprecatedApi in the platform packages
implemented in terms of #deprecatedApi:in: in the core packages (needs
to be in core because it references WADeprecatedApi).

It could obviously be in Seaside-Squeak-Core but then do we really
want porters to have to write custom implementations of #deprecatedApi
for their platforms just so we can avoid passing in the name of the
method that is deprecated? Why don't we just make the exception more
explicit? Or just use #deprecatedApi: everywhere? It's not like there
are that many senders and they all get deleted for each major release
anyway.