[Seaside-dev] Issue 173 in seaside: look at decoding on WAUrl

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Sep 28 19:06:23 UTC 2008

Issue 173: look at decoding on WAUrl

Comment #1 by philippe.marschall:
Done. The only problems were in the portability department, you can't use
Collection
>> #=. Yes, I know this is fucking annoying but apparently Smalltalk is
about making
the simple things tedious. And you can't directly reference
WAUtf8SqueakCodec in
tests that are supposed to be portable ;-). Note that we have a Swazoo 2
adapter that
I had to update as well. I also updated the functional tests.

One problem with HTTP / HTML is that it all looks nice and tidy in the
spec. But
every browser violates it in a different way. So I'd feel much safer if you
would
actually test that stuff on IE 6 to 8, FF 2 and 3, Safari 3, Opera 9.x with
utf-8 and
ISO-8859-1. UTF-16 probably has behavior so different across browsers that
we can't
realistically support it.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.standard-url.encode-utf8

I also updated the migration page, the changes fall in the "required"
category IMHO.

Issue attribute updates: