[Seaside-dev] basicNew

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Mon Sep 29 19:47:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Avi> Change super to self in this method, and (given the rest of the code
> Avi> in my example) you would have infinite recursion.
>
> I didn't see that you had a local initialize.  If you had, then
> *it* should have been the one to have super initialize, since the local
> initialize is superceding it by extension.

And what would the rest of that method look like?  What would the
other methods look like?
This is a fairly intricate convention and it doesn't make sense to
look at an individual piece of it in isolation.  If you're arguing
that the local initialize should call its super method, can you also
show what the rest of this (tiny) example would look like so I can
understand the entire control flow you're proposing?

Avi