[Seaside-dev] basicNew

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Sep 29 19:59:07 UTC 2008

Avi> Assuming no other changes to my code, this means that super's
Avi> initialize is not called when you use the #x:y: or #point: class side
Avi> creation methods, but *only* when you use a bare #new.

Well, that's why you don't call basicNew unless you really mean it.

The problem is that you need to decide if you're doing it the Squeak
way or not.

What I described in my earlier post is the Squeak way, and the way
I learned looking at the Smalltalk image in 1981.  If you want to
do it the Objective C way, be prepared for some incompatibility.