[Seaside-dev] tasks without flow

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 21:15:22 UTC 2009

>> Do we really want to continue supporting WATask in Seaside 3.0? They
>> make things so much more complicated than necessary and are rarely
>> useful.
>
> Why not?...

They make a good demo, but in practice I've rarely found tasks useful.

In most cases a flow has very few steps (2 or 1) and is triggered
through a callback. This makes it much simpler to simply put it into a
callback method, instead of creating a new class, implementing some
methods, instantiating that class and passing the arguments.

I think the only time I used a task was for a Tic-Tac-Toe game, where
it was used as the controller mediating between the computer and
player.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch