[Seaside-dev] Issue 374 Select- and multi-select-list-items prototype

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:16:06 UTC 2009

Excellent.

> - use passengers dictionary to keep a mapping between the id and the object

I find the word passengers misleading, because is an established term
in the realm of the Seaside Javascript support. I see that there are
some common things but this is orthogonal and I would prefer to name
it different (probably value).

> - use WA[Multi]PassengerCallback instead of WA[Multi]DispatcherCallback

Why not keep the old name? Or name it WAValuesCallback and
WAMultiValuesCallback?

> - no callback registering for option tags
> - removed hidden input element from WAMultiSelectTag

Excellent. We still have a hidden element for the checkbox? I guess we
should get rid of that too, but that's presumably a different story.

> - added nested multi selection test
> - nested rendering code needs to be changed, because the callback must be defined
>  for the select tag only
> - WAPassengerCallback stores the callbackBlock and the passengers dictionary

I noticed that there is some commented code, please remove that before
committing.

Do the various Javascript tests still pass after this change?

Other than that this looks good to integrate.

As a side note, Monticello expects branches to be named differently.
I've updated the wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/PackageNaming.

Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch