[Seaside-dev] thoughts on partial continuations

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Feb 4 16:34:54 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Julian" == Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> writes:

Julian> Think about the semantics here for a minute: the whole concept of
Julian> doing a #call: is that your callback is suspended, to be resumed
Julian> later. I currently can't think of any case when you would want an
Julian> ensure block *inside* a callback to be unwound on a #call:. Can you?

I think the problem is that an ensure might have either or both of "internal"
consequences and "external" consequences.  That is, if the ensure affects only
objects that have been suspended, then clearly the ensure should be run each
time the clone of the state is restarted and terminates.  But if the ensure
affects external resources, it should clearly only affect those resources on
the *final* activation of a clone.  But how would you know when that is?