[Seaside-dev] thoughts on partial continuations

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:39:49 UTC 2009

> Is it a problem then that currently
>
> [ self call: a ] ensure: [ self foo ]
>
> results in the ensure block being run on call but with
>
> [ self answer: b ] ensure: [ self foo ]
>
> the ensure block will not be run?

It is not a problem, because nobody should use #ensure: together with
#call:/#answer:  :-)

I agree it is inconsistent though. It can be easily fixed by changing
the following method:

WAPartialContinuation>>terminate: aSourceContext to: aTargetContext
	aSourceContext unwindTo: aTargetContext.   " <-- added to unwind
ensure blocks at least once "
	aSourceContext terminateTo: aTargetContext    " <-- we could use the
primitive here for additional performance "

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch