[Seaside-dev] Issue 179 in seaside: review mutexes in WACache

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Feb 5 15:41:33 UTC 2009

Updates:
	Labels: -Priority-Critical Priority-High

Comment #3 on issue 179 by jfitzell: review mutexes in WACache

I think this needs to be re-opened. I looked at this again in passing today
and non
the the plugins wrap their data in a mutex and most of their operations are
not
called within the cache's mutex.

Now that WACache is holding a mutex that has ownership, the simplest thing
would be
to wrap all plugin calls and notifications in cache's mutex (no longer any
risk of
locking up when trying to take the same mutex twice).

I not certain if performance will be a problem like that but probably best
to do the
simplest thing for now and let whoever reports the performance problem
figure out a
better way. :)