[Seaside-dev] Seaside continuations

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 01:18:16 UTC 2009

As part of an effort to continue documenting some of the work we have
been doing on Seaside 2.9, I though people might be interested in a
recent change to use partial continuations instead of full
continuations (and to make the use of any form of continuation at all
completely optional in the core framework). I know this leve of
technical detail is not for everyone and continuations are inherently
confusing, but I tried to keep things as simple as possible in the
hopes that as many people as possible can get something out of it. If
you've always wondered how continuations work in Seaside and are ready
to give puzzling through them a try, I encourage you to check out the
article at http://blog.fitzell.ca/2009/01/seaside-partial-continuations.html

Don't feel bad if you come out the other end still scratching your
head--you might have to come back and stare at it a few times--but if
you let me know of any points in particular that you stumble over,
I'll see if I can clarify them in a later revision.